(801) 302-1550 - 3305 West 12600 South - Riverton, Utah 84065
Copyright 2016 Harvest Valley Baptist Church - All Rights Reserved.
• We believe in the infallible, verbal inspiration of the whole Bible and that the Bible is the all-sufficient rule of faith and
practice (Psalm 119:160; 2 Timothy 3:16,17).
• We believe in the personal triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, equal in divine perfection (Matt. 28:19)
• We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ (John 10:30; John 1:1, 14; 2 Corinthians 5:19).
• We believe in the virgin birth and sinless humanity of Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:18-20; 2 Corinthians. 5:21; 1 Peter 2:22)
• We believe that the suffering and death of Jesus Christ was the substitution for all mankinds' sin. (Isaiah 53:6; Hebrews 2:9;
1 Peter 2:24; 1 Peter 3:18; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 2:2); By His shed blood we were redeemed and received forgiveness of sins
(Colossians 1:14; 1 John 1:7; Hebrews 9:22) and that this is efficacious only to those who believe.
• We believe that Man was created in the image of God and lived in innocence until he fell by voluntary transgression from
his sinless state, the result being that all mankind are sinners (Genesis 1:26, 3:6-24; Romans 5:12,19).
• We believe that the depraved sinner is saved wholly by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and the requisites to
regeneration are repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 13:3-5; John 3:16-18; Acts 20:21; Romans
6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9), and that the Holy Spirit convicts sinners, regenerates, seals, secures, and indwells every believer (John
3:6; John 16:8,9; Romans 8:9-11; 1 Corinthians 6:19,20; Ephesians 4:30; Titus 3:5).
• We believe that all who trust Jesus Christ for salvation are eternally secure in Him and shall not perish (John 3:36; John
5:24; John 10:27-30; Romans 8:35-39; Hebrews 10:39; 1 Peter 1:5).
• We believe in the bodily resurrection and ascension of Christ and the bodily resurrection of His saints (Matthew 28:1-7; Acts
1:9-11; 1 Corinthians 15:42-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
• We believe in the pre-millennial, personal, bodily return of Christ as the crowning event of the Gentile age. This event will
include the resurrection of the righteous to eternal heaven, and the Millennium will be followed by the resurrection of the
unrighteous into eternal punishment in the lake of fire and that the righteous shall enter into the heaven age (John 14:1-6; 1
Thessalonians 4:13-18; 2 Thessalonians 2:8; Revelation 20:4-6; 11-15, Revelation 21:8).
• We believe that love one for another as Jesus loves the believer manifests our discipleship, proves our love for God and
symbolizes our authority as New Testament churches. Love is therefore the great commandment of the LORD Jesus Christ
upon which all others are dependent (Matthew 22:35-40; John 13:34,35; John 15:12; 1 John 4:7-21; 1 John 5:1-3; Revelation
• We believe that Jesus Christ established His church during His ministry on earth and that it is always a local, visible
assembly of scripturally baptized believers in covenant relationship to carry out the Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ, and
each church is an independent, self-governing body, and no other ecclesiastical body may exercise authority over it. We
believe that Jesus Christ gave the Great Commission to the New Testament churches only, and that He promised the
perpetuity of His churches (Matthew 4:18-22; Matthew 16:18; Matthew 28:19, 20; Mark 1:14-20; John 1:35-51; Ephesians
• We believe that there are two pictorial ordinances in the Lord's churches: Baptism and the Lord's Supper, Scriptural baptism
is the immersion of believers in water, administered by the authority of a New Testament church in the name of the Father,
Son, and Holy Spirit. The Lord's Supper is a memorial ordinance, restricted to the members of the church observing the
ordinance (Matthew 28:19, 20; Acts 8:12,38; Romans 6:4; 1 Corinthians 5:11-13; 1 Corinthians 11:1,2, 17-20,26).
• We believe that there are two divinely appointed offices in a church, pastors and deacons, to be filled by men whose
qualifications are set forth in Titus and 1 Timothy.
• We believe the Holy Spirit is the divine Administrator for Jesus Christ in His churches (Luke 24:49; John 14:16, 17; Acts
1:4,5,8; Acts 2:1-4).
• We believe in the Genesis account of Creation (Genesis 1; 2).
• We believe that Satan is a fallen angel, the archenemy of God and man, the unholy god of this world, and that his destiny is
the eternal lake of fire (Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:11-19; Matthew 25:41; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 6:10-17; Revelation
• We believe that miraculous spiritual manifestation gifts were done away when the Bible was completed. Faith, Hope, and
Love are the vital abiding Spiritual Gifts (1 Corinthians Chapters 12-14).
• We believe that God deals with believers as His children, that He chastens the disobedient, and that He rewards the
obedient (Matthew 16:27; Matthew 25:14-23; John 1:12; Hebrews 12:5-11; 2 John 8; Revelation 22:12).
• We believe in freedom of worship without interference from the government and affirm our belief in civil obedience unless
the laws and regulations of civil government run contrary to the Holy Scriptures (Romans 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13-15).